"The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Poem: A Knight in Tarnished Armor


My strength is failing and my eyes grow dim
As I stumble along in this cold, hard land.
Even as I fall back, pulled away from by this hateful world around me,
I can see your light, beckoning me to stand. 
You are ever faithful to gently pull me back onto your path,
So on I preserve, your knight in tarnished armor.

Down I fell, weakened by constant battle.
Wounded and bloodied, I cried out to you, my Captain, my King.
Can you hear the fear that strikes to my heart?
I need you to save me from perishing.
Ever-faithful, you reach out to ease the anxiety,
The turmoil within your knight in tarnished armor.

Through your strength I stand, your light stilling my troubled spirit.
How long can I continue this fight?
My wounds run deep, but you stand here beside me;
I fight on for you have filled me with your might.
For your glory I will stand here and persevere,
Your knight in tarnished armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment