"The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

Friday, November 12, 2021

Longing for More

 I've found myself lately to be wanting... something more. Encouragement, guidance, direction- for truth to be poured into me.

 Longing, for true worship, for true fellowship, for REAL maturity to push me, to shape me, to challenge me.

What I long for is a group of mature Believers that want to authentically worship, who want to be taught and challenged, and who want to partner in ministering to the world, reaching out to the world...

Wasn't that the point of the Restoration movement? Restoring the church to the model of the Early Church? 

I long for it, but I find very little of it in the Western Church. Maybe its why I had such a hard time coming back to the church after living on the mission field.

Venting to my little corner of the blogisphere will have to suffice for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment