"The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Poem: Hope in the Darkness

Hope in the Darkness

So many dark clouds have fallen,
Drenched in the despair of mankind.
Everything around me grows sullen,
Where is there hope I might find?

My strength indeed has been stolen,
My humanity lost in confusion, now blind.
What is this weakness now showing?
Where is there hope I might find?

Can I step away from the edge of this cavernous despair?
Can I look away from the depths of the blight?
Can I find a path away from the forlorn
To walk along the spires of new light?

Be swept up into the bosom of love
And forget the weight of dark night;
Choose to look away from the darkness,
And put aside the hopelessness of the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment